Everyone might know about the Valentines Day celebrations. It is a day celebrated almost all over the world. This day is especially meant for the lovers like Valentinos and Valentina. It is celebrated on February 14th of every year. There are a lot of facts available regarding this special day that you may not know. Have you ever thought how it was originated and the statistics behind all the Valentine week 2019 celebrations? Let us look into some of the interesting facts about Valentines Day.
Facts About Valentines Day Which Are Awesome
- Emperor Claudius II wanted the Roman men to not get married during the war period. But Bishop Valentine went against this and performed secret weddings to the Romans. This was considered as the theory behind the Valentines Day. Initially, it was called as St. Valentine’s Day.
- It was considered as a bad luck to sign a Valentine card during the Victorian period.
- Every educated person in the world knows the story of Romeo and Juliet. This well-known couple was created by the famous writer Shakespeare. The Italian city of Verona is where this couple lived. For Every Valentines Day, this city receives around thousand of letters which are addressed to JULIET.
- Every year in this day, the average number of wedding proposals is around 2, 200,000. This fact may not be known to everyone. This thing is really impressive.
- We might think that men are all spending much on getting a gift for their girl. Contrastingly, there is a fact that women do purchase the 85 percent of the total gifts on the Valentine’s Day.
- Rose is the best thing to express one’s love to another. It is been found that around 189 million of rose stems are sold on this day in the United States.
- The next important flavor of this day is sweet. Yes, I’m talking about the sweet and the ever so favorite sweets called chocolate. In the U.S, around one billion dollars is spent on purchasing chocolates on this day.
- Some facts about Valentines Day is that it is considered as the procrastinator’s delight as more than 50 percent of the total Valentines Day cards are purchased only six days before the holiday.
- Have you ever thought why rose is given more importance in this day? The reason behind this may be because t flower rose is considered to be the favorite flower of the Roman goddess of love, Venus.
- Rose is considered as the flower of love due to its red color. The red color stands for passion and a strong romantic feel.
SEE ALSO: Valentines Day 2019 Memes & Funny Images.
- The majority of roses is bought by men than the women’s. In numbers, 73% of roses are bought by men and only 27% are of women.
- It was found that the doctors of 1800s prescribed their patients to eat chocolates to smoothen grieve for the loss of love.
- The first box of chocolates was produced on Valentines Day in the late 1800s by Richard Cadbury who is the founder of today’s well-known Chocolate brand Cadbury.
- The heart-shaped boxes of chocolates are widely sold on this day which counts more than 35 million.
- There was a belief among the medieval girls that eating bizarre foods on this day would bring the dream of their future spouse to come true.
- In the medieval period, young men and women used to drew the bits of paper containing names from a bowl to see who is going to be their valentine and pin it on their sleeves.
- Valentines season is considered as the second largest card-sending season of the year. During this season, the count of Valentines Day cards being shared in each year is considered to be more than one billion.
Note: If you want to know some more interesting facts then check this article: 25 Interesting Facts You Didn’t Know About Valentine’s Day.